Saturday, April 7, 2012

Filet Mignon Oscar Style


One of my favorite dishes of all time!

The traditional preparation also has asparagus but I kept that out this time

I can't exactly recall the bearnaise recipe, but I went extremely simple and did the blender prep rather than the double pot whisking variety.  Lazy me.

The bearnaise has egg yolk, butter, white vinegar, tarragon, S&P
After blending I keep it in a tightly sealed tupperware in a bigger tupperware with very hot (not boiling) water to keep warm while the filet is cooking.

To prep:
Trim filet of excess fat and cook on the grill, or grill pan to your liking
For medium rare, about 5-7 minutes per side over high heat
Top with crab meat and pour bearnaise over the top

This dish is served with steamed broccoli and marsala mushrooms
To make the mushrooms, pour about 1/4 cup marsala wine in a pan over medium heat
Immediately add mushrooms and simmer for about 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment